Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Llamacorn



I created something today. I think it's pretty brilliant.

It is... 






























Pretty awesome. I know. 










So, how did this magnificent creature come to be?


Well, on the way to school today, we hit a lot of traffic (which then caused us to be late... but anyway). As we were sitting there. Crawling along the highway, Maddie was just talking away. She was telling Emmie and I about her dream car. Her description went something like this: 
It's a GIANT 6 wheeled pristine white truck. On the side where an ad would usually go, there will be a huge mural of llamas and butterflies [naturally, because everyone knows that llamas and butterflies are in a symbiotic relationship]. The interior has to be REALLY BRIGHT white. And the wheels are "all big and manly".
She then paused for a minute. Somehow, this description did not satisfy her. The llamas and butterflies simply weren't enough. Finally, she added: 
"And I have to have a pet llamacorn riding with his head out the window and his tongue flapping in the wind." 
At that moment, I felt as though my soul had just exploded. 
(because my soul is actually made of rainbow confetti)


This was the most brilliant thing I had ever heard. 


I immediately pulled out my sketchbook and created the llamacorn.



(yeah. I know its the same picture)








So, you may now be wondering what exactly this creature would be like. Well, I'm here to explain that to you as well. 






The Llamacorn
( pronounced: yä'   mə   kôrn )


While llamacorns are very versatile creatures, and would be able to withstand nearly any environment, their only natural habitat is a small, remote island in South America. 

As for their diet, the llamacorn will eat pretty much anything available to it. 









Llamacorns are ... they ... well ... their minds are very ... innocent. 
... okay. they're dumber than rocks. 


I believe that their personality is capture very well by my original drawing's facial expression. There is little variation in facial expression between the different emotions of the llamacorn (though it can truly only comprehend a few emotions anyway).









Llamacorns can make great household pets. You cat even teach a llamacorn tricks!









Though try not to overestimate your llamacorn's ability to perform more complex tricks. It could be hazardous to their frail little minds. 
                            "did i win?"











































The llamacorn's simple-minded nature causes it to be a peaceful, kind creature. There isn't a mean bone in its body. While it may not be very good at showing its emotions and feelings, be assured that deep down the llamacorn loves you too. 


<3








A special thanks to Maddie. You're a genius. :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL
    LOL
    LOL

    I love the dramaticalness of it all.
    Hail the llamacorn!!

    ReplyDelete